Comforters, bedspreads, duvets, and other bed covers can provide just the right accent colors and patterns for any bedroom. That's why selecting the best pieces and caring for them properly is so important.
Selecting comforters and bedspreads
- Beware of special finishes that give off a glossy appearance. These may look great when purchasing a comforter, but can wear over time causing a dulled appearance.
- Always check the strength and quality of the stitching. Stitching should be strong and tight. Poor construction with loose stitching allows the filling to shift during a cleaning.
- Buy only pre-shrunk bedspreads. Otherwise, expect shrinkage of two or three percent after cleaning. This change in size can alter how the piece fits on your bed.
Proper care will increase the life of your bedding investment
- Always read and follow the care instructions. These can be found on temporary labels on the packaging, or as a hang-tag.
- Bedspreads and duvet covers absorb body oil, make-up, spills, and soil from dirty hands. Because many of these soils are invisible, it is important to clean your comforter at least once a year. If used constantly, clean it on a regular basis.
- A duvet cover will protect your comforter from stains and dirt. If simple shaking does not return your comforter to its original loft, have it cleaned.
- Clean all matching or coordinating items such as shams, dust ruffles, and curtains at the same time to ensure that any color or sheen loss is uniform.
All bedding you bring in to your local DELIA'S Cleaners will be inspected, treated for any stains, cleaned according to the manufacturer's instructions, fluff folded, and packaged for return to you. When you get home from DELIA'S, all you have to do is make your bed and enjoy a good night's sleep.