The holiday season is here and we're all looking forward to festive times with family and friends. And while we all enjoy celebrating, cleaning up is never something we look forward to. Most years, it's impossible not to host at least one event or to open our homes to visitors. At DELIA'S Cleaners, we sought out expert advice on how to set the perfect holiday table and how to care for our favorite or heirloom linens.
Creating a Stunning Holiday Table
- Start with a white linen base. This table cloth should be crisp and clean and hang evenly over all sides of the table. If it doesn't look the part, bring it to DELIA'S Cleaners for a pre-season cleaning.
- Use linen table runners and/or placemats on top of the table cloth. These serve two purposes. First, they protect your white linen from harmful spills, and second, they add pops of seasonal color.
- Use linen napkins to add a bright pop of color in your chosen palette. Napkins don't all have to be the same color. Prints are a good choice, as well.
- Leave the iron in the closet. Bring all your table linens to your closest DELIA'S Cleaners for a quick pressing to add crispness to your table.
- Add a touch of gold and silver for a touch of elegance. You can accomplish this with flatware, china, or stemware. Or, consider using gold or silver candles.
- Create a focal point for your table. Whether or not the centerpiece is actually in the center and balanced, it is up to your personal style. Often off-center designs add a bit of intrigue. The one rule to follow is to keep the centerpiece low enough for everyone to see each other across the table. Also, if you use more than one element, be sure to group them in threes.
Protecting and caring for your linens during the season is important. Many linen pieces used are often heirlooms and require special care. No matter how careful you are, there will be spills and stains. It is important to blot excess spillage with a clean cloth (don't rub) and bring the linen to your local DELIA'S Cleaners as soon as possible. Be sure to let us know the source of the stain. Our quick service and extended hours will ensure little or no interruption to your holiday party schedule.
From all of us at DELIA'S Cleaners, we hope your holiday season is filled with joy.